Saturday, July 28, 2012

Who Wants to Spend Five Weeks of Summer in School

BY ALEX HEBERT


        ASP was an awesome way to spend the summer.  At first I was hesitant to come.  Who wants to spend five weeks of the summer going to school?  And with all the great things I was hearing about it, I thought there was no way it could possibly live up to the expectations.  However, I was wrong; it exceeded them.
        Mass Media was a ton of fun.  I got to make puzzles for a newspaper, broadcast my voice over the airwaves on WSPS, and create some fun skits for Friday Night Live.  I learned a ton of information about the new age of communications and took some awesome field trips to the Concord Monitor, NHPR, and WMUR.  Even writing workshop was great; I learned how to write personally as opposed to academically and even got a headstart on my college essay.
        This program provided me with invaluable resources throughout the summer.  The college meeting was extremely helpful, as was the college fair.  I got to play badminton and ultimate frisbee almost every day, something I do not get to do at home.  Even Chapel was inclusive, funny, and entertaining.  It was a great way to start the day with all my fellow ASPers. 
        It is amazing how the days can drag on forever here, yet the weeks fly by.  After spending five weeks on the St. Paul’s campus, I am sad to leave.  I can’t even imagine how normal school is going to be in the fall after the incredible experience I had here.  All-in-all, it was the best summer of my life, a summer I am glad I did not miss because I wanted to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment