Saturday, July 28, 2012

What ASP Means to Me

BY ERIN RAMIREZ


           I stepped out of my car, and walked straight to my assigned house.  After eight months of waiting the moment had finally come.  I had only heard stories of ASP so, based off of other peoples’ experiences, I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect.  As I looked at the large brick building in front of me, little did I know that that place would change my entire life.  After five weeks, the stories that I had heard before I started ASP had come true.  I had been challenged beyond my limits and the friendships that I made were irreplaceable.  The students, faculty, and campus that surrounded me, were like no other I had encountered before.  Those in my class, enthusiastic, funny, cheerful, and brilliant, helped me strive for my potential in all aspects.  We had pushed each other in class discussions, group projects, and outside study hour sessions.  We had become a family and I had learned to love those people as my family.  We all had our differences, but yet we had one common similarity, the desire to learn.  We came up with numerous nicknames and jokes that were unique to our class and will remain with us forever.  Although it was only five weeks, I felt as if I had known these people from birth.  ASP has given all of us something that no other place could have, a unique community that we all cherish and will remember forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment