Saturday, July 28, 2012

Not Just Yet

BY SARAH EGNER



            I complained about the heat, having 11:30 lights-out, the early mornings, the repetitive breakfast food, and having homework during the summer. I miss my bed, home cooked food, and sleeping in. But this was the best summer that I’ve ever experienced. What was I complaining about? At ASP I’ve discovered what I want to do with my future, and totally redirected what I want I want to major in at college. I’ve enhanced my college application with a new set of college essay writing skills. I’ve made new friends; friends that I spent time with from first thing in the morning until the last thing at night. These are the people that we’ve learned, played, ate, laughed and cried with. It’s been a short five weeks, probably the quickest of my life. I’m sad to leave the ASP because I know that I can’t come back. Sure there’s alumni day, but when will we walk to chapel from the hockey center in the morning, sit in class, play a game of ultimate Frisbee and swim at the docks all in one day again? I don’t want anything to change from what it is right now because I’m going to miss almost every part of it. I’ll miss the gorgeous buildings and grounds filled with squirrels, brick buildings and construction. I’ll miss my loving dorm mates who are always smiling and comforting. I’ll miss my house supervisor who gives me a big hug every time I see her. I’ll miss the fantastic interns who have great advice and know how to have a good time. I’ll miss swimming at the docks, sweating more than ever at the dances, and chapel. I’m definitely going to miss the closeness of the mass media family, and loving every moment of the ASP experience in its entirety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment