Saturday, July 28, 2012

Not Completely Changed, Just Better

BY ELIZA CONRAD



          If you have never been to ASP, you are probably wondering why I would choose to spend over a month of my summer vacation doing school work. At first, I couldn’t explain why. I mean, it would look good on my college application and I was really interested in the course that I got into. Right before ASP began; I started to get cold feet, wondering if I made the right choice.
            Well, I would have to say that this has been the best summer of my life. I am not trying to be cliché, but ASP is literally magical. No matter how sleep deprived you are, you can still get your homework done before crashing. Somehow, the hockey center never runs out of cantaloupe ever. Even though there are four chapel services a week for five weeks, they never get boring. At ASP, everyone is here because we are driven students who care about our future. This lets us form unique bonds of friendship that will stand the test of time.
            I can be myself at ASP and so can everyone else. We all support each other. There is always someone who will help you with homework, make you laugh, or wake you up if you are about to sleep through your sport. ASP has given me the opportunity to learn from the most amazing teachers, interns, and students. Each day, I take in all that those around me have to offer. I constantly ask my house supervisor and interns about college, try to participate in class discussion, and listen to my classmates because their experiences can be learning opportunities for me, too.
            I never imagined that ASP would have such an impact on my life. I haven’t changed in a dramatic way. My friends back home will still recognize me and hear my hysterical commentary they are used to. I will feel different, though. I will have so much more knowledge about the media, writing skills, confidence, and family to miss. ASP is my home, Mass Media and the Ford House is my family. They will always hold a special place in my heart. I could never imagine what my summer, senior year, or future would look like without having the ASP experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment