Saturday, July 28, 2012

One Last Thing

BY BECCA COSTA


           As ASP comes to a close, I catch myself looking back at how I began this entire experience. Like everyone else, it started with an application. I never expected to get in, and after being accepted, argued with parents, guidance counselors and ASP 2011 friends that I was NOT going.
            Five weeks later, I have to say goodbye. I hate saying goodbye, and this is the most dreaded goodbye I have ever had to say. Goodbye little dorm room on the third floor that served its purpose. Goodbye Lindsay, Memorial Hall, AFC, School House, Hockey Rink, Ford, Ohrstrom, Chapel and Newspace. Goodbye to the best Saturdays nights of my life. Goodbye dining hall food. Goodbye Turkey Pond. Goodbye late night studying and lines to use the printer. Goodbye room 21. Goodbye Momma Cotton. Goodbye JB and Meagan, and thank you for being the best mentors I could ever ask for. And goodbye to the boys and girls from Mass Media, for being the best classmates and friends I could ever ask for. The summer would not be the same without any of you. Thank you all for making this summer the best summer of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment