Saturday, July 28, 2012

Classes, Friends, and Fun

BY CHERIDAN CHRISTNACHT


       Would I learn anything? Would I make friends? Would I have fun? These were the questions I couldn't stop worrying about during the weeks leading up to ASP. Sitting here, five and a half weeks later, I can confidently say that the answer to all of those questions is yes.
        Did I learn anything? Of course, I have learned so much this summer! It's hard not to when you sit in a classroom for four hours, six days a week, with students just as motivated to learn as you. I came into Mass Media not really knowing what to expect and hardly knowing anything about journalism. I am now leaving this class having created articles, blog entries, videos, a podcast, a music video, and a final Friday Night Live episode.
        Did I make friends? Absolutely, I have made so many lifelong friends here that I am going to miss like crazy. I feel like I have made more friends here in the past five weeks than I have in the past five years.  I love how open and accepting everyone is here which makes it so easy to form relationships. Leaving all of my new friends is going to be the hardest part about going home. I only hope that I am able to keep in contact with the people I have met here once I leave.
        Did I have fun? I don't even know why I had a doubt about this to begin with. This has probably been one of the most fun summers I have ever had. Dorm bonding, serenades, feeds, the triangle of fun, study hours in the library, Frisbee, exploring, tennis, glow sticks, writing workshop, movie nights, radio shows, the docks, sauce, random filming, and glitter are just a few of the things that made this summer so unforgettable. Thank you ASP!

No comments:

Post a Comment