Saturday, July 28, 2012

24 Hours

BY MADI CLEMENT



It’s funny to think that in just over 24 hours we will all be heading home. We will go our separate ways; our respective parts of New Hampshire will welcome us home. But a piece of us will always be left here. The summer of 2012 will always belong to our time at ASP. It’s been five weeks, five amazing weeks, five weeks I will never forget. I have met 22 amazing classmates, 24 amazing girls from my house, 1 house supervisor and 3 sassy interns. Aside from the in-class and in-dorm experience, I have met and made so many good friends.
I feel like I have known everybody here for so much longer than the five weeks we’ve been here. And everyone I have met here has helped me grow as a person. I will never forget the people here. The classes and the friendly faces have been exactly what I needed this summer. I have learned so much about, not only myself, but media, and even about specific people, and people as a whole. Honestly I will miss everything here so much.
And so I have decided to make a list of 24 things I have discovered at ASP.
1.       First impressions are often wrong
2.       People can change
3.       Five weeks sounds like a long time, but it goes by so, so quickly
4.       Friends will always be there when you need them
5.       Being “cool” is overrated
6.       The days go on forever, but the weeks fly by
7.       Living in a house with 25 girls you will never be alone
8.       It is okay to cry
9.       The trek to Turkey Pond is so worth it
10.   I am a huge over packer
11.   Twitter is cool, not “cool”, but actually cool.
12.   Going all out at the triangle of fun #bestthingever
13.   The news is what people say it is
14.   ASP is summer school on steroids
15.   You don’t have to be a good singer to have fun singing
16.   If you start singing Don’t Stop Believin’, people will join in
17.   You can make instant friends
18.   Sleeping on the third floor requires many fans
19.   PlayFair is unexplainable
20.   We will never own enough freeze pops
21.   Being around people everyday
22.   I will miss the Mac n’ cheese here
23.   I will keep in touch with the people here
24.   You’ll find us chasing the sun
So thank you ASP for making me a better person, and giving me the best summer of my life. As much as I will miss it, ASP will always have a special place in my heart. Goodbye ASP, I will never forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment